Ordering for Service
Ordering Parts for Service
PROCEDURE FOR ORDERING PARTS FOR A SERVICE CALL:
1. It is the responsibility of the technician to provide the following information when ordering parts for a service call: Valid part number, description, quantity and shipping information.
NOTE: OVERNIGHT SHIPPING – TECHS MUST EXPLAIN OVERNIGHTS COSTS TO CUSTOMER AND GET CUSTOMER APPROVAL.
2. If the technician does not have a valid part number, the technician is required to locate source and obtain that part number before placing order.
3. Once all vital information is obtained, technician will direct his/her request to the parts department.
NOTE: It is not the responsibility of the parts department to reference or provide technicians with part numbers or descriptions.
4. When placing the request, please provide parts department with the ticket number, site name and shipping instructions.
5. After verbally placing the order for parts, technician should note what parts were ordered on service ticket. This written information should be passed on to the parts department, ideally on a special order form.
6. The FDC parts list provides the technician with many of the parts that are used on a regular basis. Please refer to it to obtain the necessary information for ordering parts.
NOTE: All parts used from vehicle inventory are to be documented on service ticket / install sheet. Part number, VAN number, price and description all should be noted. Office personnel need to know where parts came from (your warehouse, your van, co-workers van, etc.) to accurately adjust inventory.