How Can We Help?
Standard Operating Procedure – Repair Estimates
This SOP is intended for Technicians when they are on-site and customer requests a Repair Estimate. The Technician is responsible to provide a Repair Estimate at the time utilizing a Repair Estimate Form.
To provide instructions to the technicians on how to create a repair estimate to customers
Repair Estimate- Cost Approval Process
- $0-$1,500 -Technician can provide without approval
- $1,501 to $3,500 – Requires Manager Approval
- Requires New Equipment- Action Request form to be completed by technician after speaking with the salesperson from the region.
- Technician is on a Service Call and identifies additional parts and labor are required to complete the repair
- Technician will discuss with the customer that in order to repair the broken equipment they will need to provide a repair estimate with the parts and labor needed to complete the work.
- Technician will complete FDC Repair Estimate Form per the numbered fields below:
- Estimate# Field- initials followed by the date. (Example- SH041921)
- Technician’s Name Field- Enter your full name
- Site Name Field- Enter the Customer Site Name from SME if possible
- Date Field- Enter the Date the Repair Estimate was created
- FDC ID# Field- FDC Tag# of equipment being repaired
- Make/Model- Enter the equipment being repaired
- Ticket# Field- Enter the Ticket you were on when the Repair Estimate was created
- Description of Item Field- List of itemized charges in the following order
List all part description from SME
- Qty Field- Total number of items described in description of item field.
- If the description item is labor this will be where you enter the total number of hours.
- If the description item is trip, this is the section you where you will enter the total number of trips.
- If the description of parts this will be where you enter the total number of parts
- Part# Field- Enter FDC Part Number
- Freight Field- If freight applies to a part add it here. This does not multiply with the Qty. Field, this is an add on charge. Please calculate total Freight per the line and enter it here.
- Retail Field- This is the FDC Retail Price of the Labor/Trip or Part Number
- Retail Field- Multiply the Quantity by Retail and add Freight
- Description of Work Field- This block is where you can paint a word picture of the Scope of Work, also include any Customer provided work/materials and/or exclusions.
- Parts Field- Enter the total price of all parts above
- Labor Field- Enter the total price of all Labor Hours above
- Trip Charge Field- Enter the Total Trip/Mobilization Charges above
- Total Field- Total of Parts + Labor + Trip
- Print Line- Have Customer Print their name
- Signature Line- Have Customer Sign once they approve
Action Request Form – Process for New Equipment
- Technician will need to call the Salesman in the region and ask what is required based on customer needs
- Once Technician is provided instruction by the Salesman the Tech will complete the Action Request form as follows and email to Sales
- Date Field- Enter the date of the request
- Tech: Field- Enter your Full Name
- Ticket# Field- Enter the Ticket number for the Ticket you were given by the Service Department
- Location Field- Enter the Address of the Site
- City Field- Enter the City of the Site
- Contact Info Field- Enter the Full Name of the Customer
- Phone Number Field- Enter the Phone Number of Customer
- Email Field- Enter the Email address of the Customer
- Fax Field- Enter the Fax Number of the Customer, if applicable
- Action Needed Field- Enter the Action Needed in this field
- FDC# Field- Enter the FDC Part Number from SME
- MFG# Field- Enter the Manufacturer Par Number from SME
- Vendor Field- Enter the Vendor Name from SME
- Description Field- Enter the Part Description from SME
- Price Field- Enter the Retail Price from SME
- Field- Enter the Number of Parts Required
- Total Field- Multiply the Price by Qty. to get total
- Labor Hours Field- Enter the estimated labor hours in this field
- # of Techs Field- Enter the number of Techs in this field
- Labor Rate Field- Enter the Labor Rate of the Region/Location
- Parts Total Field- Enter the total price of all parts above
- Labor Total Field- Enter the total price of all Labor Hours above
- Quote Total- Add the Parts Total and Labor Total to get the Quote Total
- What Type of Loop- Enter the type of loop needed in this field
- Type of Base/Harness- Enter the type of Base/Harness needed in this field
- Condition Field- Enter the type of condition the old equipment is in- Corroded, Broken, Age of Equipment etc.
- Condition of Hinges or Chain (Specify Which)- Enter what condition the hinges or chain are in and be specific to each
- Operator Make & Model- Enter the Make and Model of the Operator in this field
- TES Wire Saw-Cut or in Conduit? (Condition) Field- Specify the exact type of wire in this field
- Arm Paint/Powder Color (Condition) Field- Specify the paint/powder color of the Arm and its condition in this field
- Operator Wires Saw-Cut or In Conduit? (Master/Slave) Field- Specify the exact type of wire in this field
- TES Make/Model Field- Specify the Make/Model of the Telephone Entry System in this field
- Condition Field- Specify the condition of the TES in this field
- Phone Line Cond. Field- Specify the condition of the phone line in this field
- Type of Fire Entry Field- Specify the type of Fire Entry in this field
- Location Field- Specify the Location of the of the Fire Entry
- Concrete Pad/Post Mount Field- Specify if there is a concrete pad/post mount in this field
- Condition Field- Specify the condition of the concrete pad/post if applicable
- Dimensions Field- Specify the dimensions of the concrete pad/post mount in this field if applicable
- Receiver Model Field- Specify the type of receiver model in this field
- Frequency Field- Specify the frequency of the receiver model in this field
- Location Field- Specify the location of the receiver model in this field
- Type of Beam Field- Specify the type of beam in this field
- Condition Field- Specify the condition of the beam in this field
- Comments Field- Specify any addition comments in this area